Photo credit: Cunard Instagram
I am simply delighted to be looking forward to being on board the famous Queen Mary 2 for her 4th annual Transatlantic Fashion Week! As a fashionista, and a bonafide “old soul” this Cunard Crossing is a form of escapism I will be happy to take part in! What a fine scene! Please read my previous blog post about the History of Cunard’s Glamour at Sea.
Photo credit: Cunard Instagram
In this community at sea, we have a dreamlike world where guests must not wear denim after 6 pm if they want to dine in the main dining area, and there are THREE formal nights (tux/ dark suit and ball gowns), and 4 nights of “smart attire” (meaning men must wear a suit jacket but can omit a tie, and women don’t need a ball gown)! While some people may not like the formality or lengthy old world tradition of a fancy maritime crossing from New York to South Hampton, England, to me there could be nothing more appealing!
Add to all of this that it is Fashion Week on board, and you know I am on cloud 9! Read my other post about what I am packing for my Cunard Transatlantic trip.
photos: Cunard instagram
About Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week
One of the fashion guests during Cunard Fashion week 2019 is the Royal Milliner himself, Stephen Jones. Stephan Jones has designed some of the most fantastical and glamorous hats in the world (see his workroom). He designs many hats for the Royal Family! Celebrities such as Amal Clooney, Cardi B, Emily Blunt, Victoria Beckham,Tiffany Haddish, (the list goes on and on) wear his designs to formal events, and fashion events, such as the Met Gala. He is a vibrant creative force in the fashion world, and in a fashion profession that I find quite intriguing! I look forward to learning more about his life and craft while on the Atlantic crossing.
All photos from Stephen Jone Millinery instagram
My fashion icon Dita Von Teese is a fan!
Another guest I am excited to see on board the Queen Mary 2, is American shoe designer Stuart Weitzman!
Photos from Stuart Weitzman website
American fashion model Pat Cleveland will be giving a talk about her 5 decades in fashion!
Other leading names taking part during next year’s Transatlantic Fashion Week include:
- Colin McDowell MBE: The highly respected fashion historian and style commentator, returns for the fourth time and will host interactive talks and workshops.
- Lindy Woodhead: Lindy, who worked in international fashion for over twenty-five years will be giving a talk on her career, participating in a Q&A and doing book signings.
- Rosemarie Bravo CBE: During her career, Rosemarie has occupied leadership positions in several major fashion businesses and is now vice chairman at Burberry. Rosemarie will be participating in a Q&A.
- Stanley Tucker: With over forty years experience in the luxury menswear business, Stanley joined Burberry in 1997 as Senior Vice President of Menswear Worldwide. In addition to a Q&A covering his career, Stanley will also host a men’s styling workshop.
- Gail Sackloff OBE: International Fashion Consultant Gail, will return for a fourth year to co-curate Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week with Colin McDowell MBE.
- STORM model agency: One of London’s revolutionary modelling agencies, STORM will also be returning to Transatlantic Fashion Week.
I look forward to taking notes and letting you in on what it is like!